who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
- Then the Lord came down in a cloud and stood there with him; and he called out his own name, Yahweh. The Lord passed in front of Moses, calling out, “Yahweh! The Lord! The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness. I lavish unfailing love to a thousand generations. I forgive iniquity, rebellion, and sin. But I do not excuse the guilty. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children and grandchildren; the entire family is affected— even children in the third and fourth generations.” Exodus 34:5-7 NLT
- The Lord will be our Mighty One. He will be like a wide river of protection that no enemy can cross, that no enemy ship can sail upon. For the Lord is our judge, our lawgiver, and our king. He will care for us and save us. The enemies’ sails hang loose on broken masts with useless tackle. Their treasure will be divided by the people of God. Even the lame will take their share! The people of Israel will no longer say, “We are sick and helpless,” for the Lord will forgive their sins. Isaiah 33:21-24
- And behold, some people brought to him a paralytic, lying on a bed. And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Take heart, my son; your sins are forgiven.” Matthew 9:2
- Then he turned to the woman and said to Simon, “Look at this woman kneeling here. When I entered your home, you didn’t offer me water to wash the dust from my feet, but she has washed them with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You didn’t greet me with a kiss, but from the time I first came in, she has not stopped kissing my feet. You neglected the courtesy of olive oil to anoint my head, but she has anointed my feet with rare perfume. “I tell you, her sins—and they are many—have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love.” Luke 7:44-47
- He sent out his word and healed them, snatching them from the door of death. Psalm 107:20 NLT
- He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3
- He said, “If you will listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in his sight, obeying his commands and keeping all his decrees, then I will not make you suffer any of the diseases I sent on the Egyptians; for I am the Lord who heals you.” Exodus 15:26 NLT
- This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah: “He took our illnesses and bore our diseases.” Matthew 8:17
You are my forgiver and my healer. That alone speaks more than words can contain. You are my compassion and You pour out mercy over me. In You alone is unfailing love and faithfulness. You are my Mighty One, my rescuer and my hope! You are my protection, the One Who guards my life and keeps me, it is by Your grace alone that I can rest and be filled with joy as I abide in Your Presence.
You forgive ALL my iniquity. ALL! Nothing remains against me! Selah! Such redemption, Lord, teach me how to rest in it and to walk in absolute faith in YOU!
What is the significance of God’s proclamation of His Name and His character as He passed before Moses (Exodus 34:5-7)? Is this a key to rightly understanding and interpreting His actions, His intent, His Presence in the world? How often do we fail to look through the lens of His compassion and His love when we proclaim “His motives” as condemning and filled with vengeance? How often do our interpretations fulfill our misguided wants (to feel significant by making ourselves “more than” others, setting up false divisions, playing the blame game, defining good and evil by our own standards, etc.) instead of His unconditional love and redemptive power?
I have a sense that wrestling through this question and receiving Your perspective is truly foundational to so much more! Show me, Lord!
You Lord hold the whole of my being in Your love for me – You forgive iniquity, rebellion, and sin, and yet You hold the guilty accountable, You do not excuse us of our wrongs. Our experience of Your cleansing and forgiveness is not automatic, we must step into the light, Your very Presence, for You are Light itself. When we step into the light, You are faithful and just to forgive us of our sins. By faith, by faith, by faith! Without faith, the choice of our sins and their consequences cause pain, hurt, and anxiety for ourselves and seeps out on all those around us, especially our families. Each generation, each person, chooses whether to pass on the curse or the blessing. It’s a matter of faith and bringing everything to the light of Your truth.
Even the lame will take their share! My wrestlings with You may leave their mark –I may just walk with a limp from now on – but even though the evidence of my brokenness remains, I am Yours, and I can claim my share of the inheritance You provide! Amazing!
Take heart! It is an instruction, a command, in response to Your work of grace and mercy in my life! MY sins are forgiven! How could I lose heart as long as I remember Your work of grace?!
Am I willing to see just how much I have been forgiven? Am I willing to allow the Lord to reveal just how much sin has penetrated my being – my thoughts, my emotions, my actions, my expectations, my love – every part of my being? Am I willing to mourn how my sin separates me and alienates me from the amazing love and intimacy of God and from fellowship with my fellows in this ship of life? Can I love much as a result of the great forgiveness I have received?
I want my every breath to be a proclamation of YES! Yes to You! Thank You for Your faithfulness and refusal to give up on me! Heal me, strengthen me with Your purposes, may I learn to say with You, “Death, you have no sting, no power in my life. I am free indeed and I choose LIFE because I choose to walk in all Jesus accomplished on my behalf!”
How am I doing at walking in these truths? Am I making my decisions based on what God has said is true, or what “reality” is screaming at me?
I can only represent You to the world around me to the degree in which I am soaking in Your Presence and allowing You to transform me into the image of Your Son!
I need less attention and focus on the cares of this world so that I am not so distracted, so easily rendered void and useless, when the many reasons to fear and doubt and panic rise up against me. That means more intentional time before You, in Your Presence and in Your Word.
As I am before You, I need to be asking and seeking for the application of what You are revealing. Your revelation, not my reasoning, not my logic. Faith!
Do I walk in health and wholeness – well being – regardless of the condition of my body or my emotions or my mind?
Do I acknowledge and reckon with the reality of the spiritual realm – in my life and my living?
Open my eyes, Lord, to see the very presence of heaven and hell all around me every moment. Teach me how to enter the battle confident in You – my Mighty One, who renders the enemy impotent and defenseless.
Make a difference in this broken world through me, Lord! Bring healing, bring forgiveness, bring courage, bring freedom, bring victory over the powers of evil. Bring Your Presence as the Mighty One on behalf of Your children – Your heirs in righteousness!