Verse 5 ESV
…who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
- For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things. Psalm 107:9
- The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. Psalm 34:10
- He has shown strength with his arm; he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts; he has brought down the mighty from their thrones and exalted those of humble estate; he has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent away empty. Luke 1:51-53
- Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh. Luke 6:21
- We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies. …So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:8-10, 16
- So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9
- But those who wait and trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
- Like an eagle that rouses her chicks and hovers over her young, so he spread his wings to take them up and carried them safely on his pinions. Deuteronomy 32:11 NLT
Papi, You are the Provider of all that is good! You are the Provider of life and redemption and resurrection. You are the Provider of strength and renewal, You give me the ability to soar, the responsibility to live a life filled with faith in YOU alone. You are my desire, my will, my heart – YOU are the source of every good thing in me and about me. YOU, personally, really, actually – YOU! You are eternity itself – eternal life. You are the only true definition of living and being alive. Jesus, thank You for restoring Your life in me and for living Your life through me.
I am free IN YOU! Not in myself, not because I can think it into being, not because I can do it into being; only as I die to myself and allow Your resurrected life to flow freely in and through me can I really, truly know and move in Your freedom. Grace! Grace! Grace! You are my Provision in all things!
You, my God, are the very definition of good. You infuse Your goodness into Your gifts of grace and shower mercy all over Your creation. I long for You, not for the things about You. I hunger for unbroken relationship with You, for the view of opportunities for intercession rather than distractions. I need YOU!
You are stirring me up, pushing me out of my comfort zone, challenging my status quo, and I am hesitant, uncertain. I know I say I trust You, that I have faith in Your perfect care for me, but honestly, deep down inside, there is a wondering if You really will be there to catch me when I fall, to lift me up on Your wings, to carry me safely in Your way. I choose to bring that wondering before You and I affirm my faith, small as it is, and ask for the gift of more faith, more trust, more reliance on You – knowing that will only come as I have more of a revelation of YOU. Open my eyes, my ears, my taste buds, my hands, my feet, my heart, my all. I need to know You with every fiber of my being! I long to be fully alive, fully aware of Your Presence in every detail of life. I am hungry for the adventure You have planned – to leap out of “the nest” and learn to exercise my wings and to trust that when they grow weary and fail through my own immaturity, that You will be there to bear me up on Your wings and to carry me till I am renewed, restrengthened, ready to launch out again . So great is Your love!!!
I must be honest in my assessment of my longing for and seeking of God. I am all too often distracted, holding my breath in dread of what the next moment may hold, or perhaps holding my breath in anticipation of something that I want more than I want God Himself. Sometimes it is simply the responsibilities and expectations that overwhelm me, scream at me that God is not enough, He is not in touch with the realities of this world and the demand for money, talent, time, attention, repair, the divisiveness and fears, the lack of compassion for others, and the list could go on infinitely. And yet, truly, my God, You are enough! In fact, You are more than enough, and You are very well acquainted with the realities of this world, as well as the realities of all eternity!
The real question is this, will I turn to You? Will I lay all my excuses and distractions down and come into Your Presence? Will I allow my soul to lean into You and rest in complete confidence that what You have said is absolute truth and infinitely reliable. You are the answer to all that my heart desires and all that my heart fears.
You satisfy me and You renew me! I can walk the path before me in confidence. I can rise up with wings like the eagles on the currents of Your breath, Your wind, Your fire – and soar in the heavenlies being refreshed by Your constant provision and love.
Why do I hide from You? Why do I hold my breath and cause myself such tension and pain? Why do I doubt You? Open my ears, Lord, to hear You speak my name and soothe my soul and calm my fears. I need You, Lord! I long for You, yes, even in my doubt and uncertainty and disbelief.
I need Your gift of grace! I love You, increase my faith and my love!
Show me the good You wish to accomplish in and through me today.