Verse 7 ESV
He made known his ways to Moses,
his acts to the people of Israel.
- Teach me your way, LORD; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors. Psalm 27:11 NIV
- Show me how you work, God; school me in your ways. Psalm 25:4 The Message
- Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart (give me an undivided heart, grant me a heart of purity) to fear your name. Psalm 86:11 ESV
- Then I will teach your ways to rebels, and they will return to you. Psalm 51:13 NLT
- Inside the Tent of Meeting, the Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Afterward Moses would return to the camp, but the young man who assisted him, Joshua son of Nun, would remain behind in the Tent of Meeting. One day Moses said to the Lord, “You have been telling me, ‘Take these people up to the Promised Land.’ But you haven’t told me whom you will send with me. You have told me, ‘I know you by name, and I look favorably on you.’ If it is true that you look favorably on me, let me know your ways so I may understand you more fully and continue to enjoy your favor. And remember that this nation is your very own people.” Exodus 33:11-13 NLT
- And God said, “As of right now, I’m making a covenant with you: In full sight of your people I will work wonders that have never been created in all the Earth, in any nation. Then all the people with whom you’re living will see how tremendous God’s work is, the work I’ll do for you. Take careful note of all I command you today. I’m clearing your way by driving out Amorites, Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. Stay vigilant. Don’t let down your guard lest you make covenant with the people who live in the land that you are entering and they trip you up. Exodus 34:10-12 The Message
- Blow the ram’s horn trumpet in Zion! Declare a day of repentance, a holy fast day. Call a public meeting. Get everyone there. Consecrate the congregation. Make sure the elders come, but bring in the children, too, even the nursing babies, even men and women on their honeymoon— interrupt them and get them there. Between Sanctuary entrance and altar, let the priests, God’s servants, weep tears of repentance. Let them intercede: “Have mercy, God, on your people! Don’t abandon your heritage to contempt. Don’t let the pagans take over and rule them and sneer, ‘And so where is this God of theirs?'” Joel 2:15-17 The Message
You are the God of revelation, the One Who reveals Yourself to me, the One Who offers Your very presence and intimacy – face to face, speaking Your heart for Your beloved children.
You love me! You love each and every person and we are all created in Your image to be Your image-bearers. You long for our presence, just as You long to reveal Yours to us.
You are full of grace and mercy towards us. Even in our moments of rebellion, rejection, fear, and distancing from You, You still choose to reveal Your acts on our behalf. You are a pursuing God who loves us at all times!
You are a wonder-working, loving Father, who never abandons us to our failures. You lovingly hover over our darkness and our chaos, waiting for us to turn towards You and receive the power of Your mighty hand.
Will I choose to focus on God’s acts or on His Presence and His self-revelation through His acts? Will I seek Him, or will I choose to seek a mediator instead, one who will take the risk to be in God’s presence and only receive His revelation second-hand?
Will I stay vigilant and keep my guard up so that I am not deceived by the enemy? Will I guard my words and my promises so that I do not make any agreement with the enemy – not even with the smallest twists of God’s truth?
Will I repent of the idols I have carried with me, the slightest distortions I have treasured as truth, and will I repent on behalf of those who still walk in blindness and deception? Will I choose to intercede for His Body here on earth?
I need to know Your ways; I need You to reveal Your ways to me, just as You did for Moses.
Teach me, lead me, show me, school me, grant me… so that… I will walk in Your truth … so that… I as I teach Your ways, rebels will return to You! I will choose You; I choose to turn to You and ask for and receive the fullness of Your blessing and purpose in my life and through my living out my faith in You.
With every step, every marker of growth, we are entering occupied territory. Chaos is there before us. The battle scene is set. God’s intention is to conquer evil, to draw every person to Himself and offer new life and redemption, and the entry point is always death – for the purpose of resurrection. Evil waits for us to enter, evil offers us covenants, treaties designed to keep us from realizing the fullness and richness of God’s blessings. He offers substitutes, hopes, dreams, riches, agreements that appear good, but in reality are nothing more than evil disguised to keep us from God’s best – a seed of truth wrapped with a twist that distorts it all and plants a poison that will grow into bondage and slavery. God stands ready to empower us to subdue this evil, and to be fruitful and multiply and rule over all His creation – to declare His glory and His love and His merciful grace.